Saturday 22 September 2012

Here we go...


I’m about to jump head first into the blogging world and hope that one day, these words won’t come to bite me in the butt. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about being judged and harshly criticized by the work I put out here. I mean we’ve all seen Youtube comments…things can get pretty cruel out here on the web.

I should start off by saying that I only use social media as a way to keep in touch with friends and family. More truthfully, I’ve sometimes used “likes” and “retweets” as a way of validating how funny I think I am. Deep down inside I always knew there was more to social media platforms then a bunch of shmo’s logging online to see how popular they are. So that’s why I’m here, to learn the other side of social media. In many ways I feel like Jasmine in Aladdin, discovering a whole new world I never knew existed.  Until I can truly understand how to use social communication as a tool to my advantage, I won’t be able to further my career as a PR practitioner, or a Disney princess.



Social media is a communication tool that serves a very important purpose in today’s business. It helps you connect with potential clients, like minded businesses and consumers. Particularly in PR, it provides a tool to help answer these important questions: What are people saying about my business? Who are having these discussions? How are these discussions impacting my corporation and it’s clients? This form of communication is keeping us all connected in a faster and more comprehensive way.

I’m hoping that come December, I can be a pro at using all forms of communication platforms and establish an online identity through social media to further my career in PR. I’m also hoping that this course will help me find more up to date references other then Disney films made in 1992.

1 comment:

  1. Hi and good luck. Those are some tangible, solid goals you've set for yourself and the Disney reference is so refreshing :D
    Hiedeh

    ReplyDelete